You can see a water leak, but an air leak is invisible. Duct leaks can be difficult and costly to find with ductwork hidden between the walls, floors, and ceilings of any residential home. The older, traditional use of mastic (a messy caulk-like substance) or taping of leaks not only is less effective than Aeroseal, but also can be very labor-intensive, expensive and can only be applied to ducts with physical access. Other substances break down over time, but the Aeroseal sealant does not and even has a 10 year warranty to back it up.
Do-it-yourselfers might attempt their own fixes, but what about those ducts you can’t see or access? Let McCarthy’s One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning handle the entire job and you won’t be tearing up your home or worried about incomplete seals. With Aeroseal technology, we can pinpoint and cover leaks in roughly an hour, from the inside out with a success rate of up to 98%. Aeroseal is the most effective, affordable, and viable method of sealing air duct leaks on the market.
Aeroseal can reduce duct leakage by up to 90%, reduce your energy use by up to 30%. Aeroseal has also been shown to dramatically improve comfort and homeowner satisfaction with their heating and cooling systems.
Did you know?
- Nearly 50% of your home’s energy bill is spent on heating, air conditioning and ventilation.
- Duct leakage in residential homes costs consumers $25 billion each year.
- On average, 30 cents of every $1 you spend on heating and cooling your home disappears into thin air due to leaky ducts. Leaky ducts pull mold, dust and other pollutants into your home, presenting indoor air quality issues and creating and/or aggravating allergy problems.
- Leaky ducts contribute to safety issues in residential homes relating to back drafting of gas appliance fumes, auto exhaust and radon gas into your living space.
Leaky ducts in a residential home contribute to:
- Loss of cool and warm conditioned air to the outside or unconditioned spaces of your home resulting in higher energy bills
- Even the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems not performing at its best
- Forcing your system to work harder and wear out sooner, costing you more money
- Excess humidity levels that can lead to costly home repairs
- Hard to heat or cool rooms leading to discomfort
- Musty odors and other indoor air quality (IAQ) issues
What are the benefits?
- Savings: The money formerly leaking out of your ducts will stay in your pocket longer
- Comfort: Your hard to heat or cool rooms will have more even temperatures and be more comfortable
- Improved air quality: You will see a reduction in dust, humidity, fumes and other odors
- No hidden leaks: Seals leaks nearly impossible to reach using other methods
- Environmental Friendly: A reduction of the amount of air pollution created from generating less energy
- Solve your air flow and ventilation problems by having the experts at McCarthy’s Heating and Air Conditioning come out and evaluate your home.
The Leaky Duct Solution
- High energy bills?
- Uncomfortable hot or cold room?
- Excessive humidity?
- Excessive dust?
- Musty odor or fume smells?
If so, you probably have leaky air ducts. But don’t worry, there’s a solution. Aeroseal Duct Sealing is a patented, breakthrough technology that tackles leaks from the inside out. It was developed in 1990 at U.C. Berkeley with funding from the United states Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency, California Institute for Energy Efficiency, and Electric Power Research Institute. Additionally, the Department of Energy declared Aeroseal as one of the most beneficial energy technologies for American consumers.
About Aeroseal Ductwork Sealing Technology
Aeroseal’s aerosol ductwork sealing technology was invented and developed by the Energy Performance of Buildings Group at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in 1994. This technology internally seals duct leaks in air distribution ducts by injecting a fog of aerosolized sealant particles into a pressurized duct system. The key to the technology is to keep the particles suspended within the air stream without depositing on the duct surfaces until they reach the leaks, where they leave the air stream, deposit at the leak edges, and seal the leaks.
We Seal the Duct Leaks and Save you Money!
Something most of us never think about could be costing you a lot more than you bargained for. Whether your home is old or new, it is prone to leaky air ducts that puts extra stress on your heating and cooling system – not to mention your wallet.
Call us today to set-up a duct sealing analysis or service request at (402) 704-8072.
Same Day Services Available
We respect your time. That’s why we guarantee prompt, professional HVAC service.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee backed by expertly trained techs.
We inform our customers up-front how much their repair will cost so there are no surprises down the road.
24/7 Emergency Services
24/7 emergency service is available and a live technician is always on call ready to help.
The Right Technicians, The Right Company
All of our technicians are background checked and drug tested.
Always On Time... Or You Don't Pay A Dime!®
First and foremost, we respect our customers’ time. That's why we are “Always on Time…Or You Don’t Pay A Dime! ®”. No questions asked.
“Excellent in clearly explaining everything. His communicational skills are excellent. Finally, he exudes an attitude of optimism and cheerfulness. As a customer, I really appreciated all those qualities.”- Cecilia Barron
“Taylor & Christopher did an outstanding job! Both were very professional, thorough and friendly. I would enjoy having either one back to my home anytime.”- Ron Garofolo
“For over 20 years I have trusted the McCarthy professionals-shout out to Doug and Brent and everyone who worked at this house. Good people on the front line make or break a company’s reputation. For me, McCarthy has been a valued partner.”- D Mckeone